There are two ways to disable Gmail desktop notifications. One method is to turn off notifications from Gmail settings. The second method is to block notifications using Google Chrome settings.
Let us take a look at both these options.
Disable Notifications from Gmail Settings
When you disable notifications from Gmail settings, it turns off notifications across computers and browsers. If you do not want desktop notifications on all computers you use (if you use multiple), this is the way to go.
To disable notifications from Gmail settings:
- Click the gear icon on the top-right corner of Gmail.
- Select See All Settings.
- In the General tab, scroll down to Desktop notifications.
- Choose Mail notifications off to turn off all notifications.
You have now disabled desktop notifications for your Gmail account.
Block Gmail Notifications on Google Chrome
Now, here is how to block notifications from Gmail on your Google Chrome browser.
- Open Gmail in a tab.
- Click the lock icon on the address bar.
- Choose Site Settings.
- From the Notifications drop-down, select Block.
You have now blocked notifications from the Gmail app on Google Chrome.
I hope you found this tutorial useful. Ask your questions in the comments form below.