Bing is the default search engine on Microsoft Edge. However, you can make Google the default search engine on Edge. You could use any search engine of your choice.
Let me show you how.
Change default search engine on Edge
To change the default search engine on Edge:
- Open a new tab and go to edge://settings/search.
- From the Search engine used in the address bar, select the new search engine.
- To test, search from the Edge address bar. It should use your new default search engine.
These are the search engines that you can choose from:
- Bing (default)
What if you want to use search engine that is not in this list? You can do that too.
Add a new search engine
You can add a new search engine (Custom search engine) to Edge and make it the default search engine.
To add a new search engine:
- Open a new tab and go to edge://settings/searchEngines.
- Click Add.
- Enter the following:
- Name: Name of the search engine.
- Keyword: The keyword that you want to use to switch to this search engine when it is not the default.
- URL with %s in place of query: URL of the search engine. For example, use the following for Google Drive: http://drive.google.com/?hl=en&tab=bo#search/%s
- Click Add.
To make this your default search engine, go to edge://settings/search and choose the newly added search engine from the dropdown.
Did you manage you change your default search engine? Bing to Google or Bing to DuckDuckGo? What is your new search engine? Let us know in the comments section.
Do you have any related questions?