If you try to open a link to a Windows Store app from Chrome, the Windows App Store will launch and open the app’s page for you. Here is how to force Chrome to open the link instead of the store.
This is not a Windows specific thing. If you try to open a link to an app from Mac OS, the App Store will launch and open the app, instead of opening the page in Chrome itself.
Now, on Windows 8, Windows 8.1 and Windows 10, you can change this behavior with a small trick. This is not a straightforward setting, so tread carefully. Backup all the information on Google Chrome.
- Chrome completely.
- Go to C:\Users\user name\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data and look for a file named Local State. Open this file using a text editor like Notepad.
- Locate the line “ms-windows-store”:false
- Replace false with true, like so: “ms-windows-store”:true
- Save the file and close it.
- Open Chrome and try clicking on a Windows App Store link.
Any link Windows App link that you click from now onward should open using Chrome itself, as a website.
Hope you find this tip useful!