Looking for a Google Chrome setup file download for Windows 11? This page has valuable information about downloading, installing, and configuring Google Chrome on Windows operating systems.
To download Google Chrome for Windows 11, go to google.com/chrome
Google Chrome is the world’s favorite browser. Google has an open-source project called Chromium, and Chrome is Chromium + Google’s exclusive features like sync, autofill, and more.
Table of Contents
Download Chrome for Windows 11
The newest version of Microsoft Windows is here.
Note: Google Chrome is no longer officially supported on Windows XP. I recommend upgrading to a newer version of Microsoft Windows to continue using Chrome and get all the new features and security updates.
Windows 11 is a big update for Microsoft (and that’s why they skipped the number 9, to make the point). Their effort is to make Windows a platform in this multi-screen world and prepare it for the Internet of things era. There is even a new default web browser named Edge (more on that later).
I downloaded and installed Windows 11 when it came out as a Tech Preview and started using Google Chrome on it right away. I completed the Installation without any issues or errors. There are no surprises yet, apart from minor tweaks that come with Windows 11.
It will be interesting to watch the improvements Google will bring to Chrome to use any new feature that Windows 11 offers to applications. For example, will they do something with the live tiles?
You can download the same Windows installer available at google.com/chrome to install Chrome on Windows 11. I could get Chrome working on my Windows 11 PC within minutes.
Now that your Google Chrome web browser download is done, let us look at some of the things you can do with your new favorite browser.
Install Chrome for Windows 11
Here are the steps to install Google Chrome on your Windows 11 computer.
- Go to google.com/chrome and click Download Chrome.
- On the popup, click Accept and Install.
- Your browser will now download the Google Chrome installer. Click Save to download and save the installer file.
- After the download is complete, double-click the installer. Click “Run“
- If a prompt appears asking for permission to install, click Yes. Google Chrome will now complete the remaining download and install it.
Make Chrome the Default Browser
You find our guide to making Chrome your default browser here. That guide provided you with multiple options to make Chrome your default browser. Here is one example from there:
- Go to settings in Chrome, (click the settings icon or open chrome://settings)
- Search for “Default Browser”
- Click “Make Chrome my default browser”
- And you are done.
Google Chrome Slow on Windows 11
Here are some troubleshooting steps to try when Chrome starts working slowly and loading pages slowly. I have collected a bunch of fixes here. Try them out; I am sure one of these will work for you.
This guide is organized into operating-system-specific steps for Windows, Linux, OS X, and Chrome OS. Try the steps listed in the “All operating systems” section first before trying OS-specific steps.
All Operating Systems
- Try the incognito window ( CTRL + SHIFT + N ). This launches Chrome without any extensions if you haven’t enabled them in incognito mode). If Google Chrome is working better in this mode, the culprit is extensions. Try disabling them one by one and find out which one is the troublemaker.
- Go to Chrome Settings > Advanced Settings > Privacy and uncheck “Predict network actions to improve page load performance“. This seems to be helping in some cases. Give it a try.
- Try clearing browser data, history, cache, etc from settings.
- Search for “Reset browser”. This will reset the Chrome profile to default settings.
- From chrome://flags, try resetting all flags to default.
- Open up the task manager (Ctrl + Shift + Esc). Click the processes tab and look for something that looks like Browser Manager. If you have it, try googling for directions on how to remove it. Restart your computer after the uninstall. This should fix the issue for you.
- Similarly, look for a program called BrowserProtect. Remove it, restart your computer and try again.
Google Chrome Slow to Start
If Google Chrome is slow on startup, here is something that you can try:
- Try disabling all the extensions, and see if Chrome loads faster
- If you are opening Chrome with many tabs on the launch, reduce them
- Try (temporarily) disabling your antivirus software and if it is showing any improvement.
- Check your list of software installed on the PC. If you find any suspicious software, (Babylon, etc) uninstall and restart your computer.
Delete “User Data”
This is a bit tricky, but user jim38 on Google Help Forum has a solution that might help you. Be sure to take a backup of your bookmarks, as explained here.
- Choose Bookmarks/Bookmark Manager/Organize. 2. Export your bookmarks to an HTML file — somewhere you can find it. 3. Close Chrome. 4. Go to C:\Documents and Settings\\Local Settings\Application Data\Google\Chrome\User Data (fill in your computer username) 5. Right-click on the User Data folder and rename it. I just add an X to the end of the name. 6. Restart Chrome, go to
theBookmark Manager, and import the bookmarks.
Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge?
Microsoft has upped its browser game with an all-new browser, Edge. The browser leaves the Internet Explorer legacy and builds a new and modern browser from the ground up. Initial responses to the Edge browser have been positive. Hence, we can safely assume that tough competition awaits Google on the Windows platform.
People will check out Edge when it is available on Windows 11. There are plenty of Internet Explorer lovers still around, and Edge will be a blessing for them.
We will still use Edge or IE to download Chrome on our new Windows 11 computers for Chrome fans like you and me. We will have to wait and see how the rest of the world responds to this new competition.
Click these download links for 64 and 32 Bit versions of Google Chrome for Windows 11.
Note: These are official download links directly from Google. You can find additional download links here. Remember to download Google Chrome only from Google’s website.
Google Chrome 64-bit version is now available for all Windows users. This is a separate installer, so a particular download is different from the regular installer file. An offline installer is also available for Windows users who want to download and install Google Chrome.
64-Bit Chrome for Windows 11
You can download it from here. Next, click Download Chrome for another platform and choose Windows 11/8/7 64-bit. This should download the 64-bit installer. Note that it is the same installer for all supported Windows versions.
You can also download the 64-bit version of Chrome Canary for Windows from here.
Chrome Does Not Recognize Touch in Windows 11
Touch screen issues with Chrome and Windows 11? try this:
- Go to chrome://flags
- Look for the flag Enable Touch Events
- Enable Touch Events
- Restart Chrome.
How to minimize Google Chrome in Windows 11?
Click the Settings icon on the top right corner to go to settings. And from there, click Relaunch in Desktop Mode. Google Chrome will now restart into normal mode. This is your regular Google Chrome (non-metro mode). Alt+F is your keyboard shortcut. I hope you got that fixed.
Show Chrome in a Resizeable Window?
Same answer as above. Alt+F is your keyboard shortcut. Alternatively, choose Relaunch in Desktop Mode from the Settings menu (the bacon icon).
Exit Chrome Full-Screen Mode on Windows 11
The same answer again. It would be best if you exited out of Metro Mode. Press Alt + F.
Pinch to Zoom
Pinch to Zoom is one of the most asked-for features of Google Chrome for Windows 8. This feature has been added to Google Chrome now. Enable the Enable Pinch flag to test this.
- Open chrome://flags/#enable-pinch on Google Chrome.
- From the dropdown list, select Enable
- Restart Google Chrome
- Try pinching to zoom now.
Uninstall Chrome from Windows Windows 11
You can quickly get to the Uninstall a Program window easily by pressing the Windows key and typing Uninstall in the search box. Once you reach this screen, look for Google Chrome and click Uninstall against it.
Google Chrome on Windows 11 – Download
It is just the same Google Chrome browser that you download from google.com/chrome. The download and installation went pretty smoothly. I use Chromesync, so getting everything back, including my extensions and passwords, was easy and smooth.
When you start downloading, Google first gives you a small file, which starts downloading the complete installer. A sort of download manager. Once the download is full, you can double-click the file to begin your Installation.
Unable To Download Google Chrome On Windows
Are you getting error messages while downloading Google Chrome? For example, “Installation failed due to unspecified error”? Here are some troubleshooting steps to try.
Google Chrome usually downloads a small file to your computer, which connects to the server and downloads the complete file. When you face issues with this traditional way of downloading Chrome, the complete offline installer is the first to try.
This offline installer download involves only one file and should resolve most of the issues associated with downloading and installing Google Chrome.
Leave a Reply