Many of us like to have audio feedback on our smartphone keyboards. Some people prefer vibration or haptic feedback, but for some and audio feedback is better.
The on-screen keyboard on Chrome OS supports this feature. This article explains how to enable sounds for your Chromebook keyboard.
Enable On-screen Keyboard Sounds
To enable sounds :
- Open the Settings app and open the hamburger menu on the left (three lines)
- Click and expand Advanced.
- Select Languages and input.
- Now, click and expand the Input method. You will see your current keyboard here. Click the pop-out icon against this keyboard.
- If you are using US Keyboard, the following link should open:
- Under the On-screen keyboard, select Sound on keypress.
I hope you found this useful. Stay tuned for more Chrome OS tips. Read our Chrome OS user guide for more help.