Back in August, I told you all that Google will integrate Android Messages or text messages into Chrome OS as a Progressive Web App (PWA). This feature is now live.
This article explains how to install the Android Messages PWA on your Chromebook.
Android Messages on Chrome OS
I will start with the steps to start using Messages on the web. If you are already using it, skip the step 6.
- Open messages.android.com on your computer. You should see a QR code.
- Open the Messages app on your phone and tap the settings (three dots) icon and choose Messages for
- Tap Scan QR code
- Point the phone at the QR code on your computer and the app will scan the code.
- Your text messages should show up on messages.android.com now. You can read, reply or send new text messages from here.
- While you are on messages.android.com,
clockthe Chrome settings menu (three dots).
- Choose Install Android Messages. The Install app?
- Click Install.
- That’s it! You should now see a new app in your launcher for the new Messages app.
Hope you find this useful! Drop a comment if you have questions! Thanks XDA for the heads up!
Leave a Reply