Chrome OS adds new features almost every week. From the recent list of such additions, my favorite is the pin-based unlock. This article explains how to set up a pin unlock on your Chromebook.
Pin unlock makes it easy to unlock your Chromebook, just like it does on your phone. I use a long and difficult (I hope!) password for my Google account. It is not so easy to type each time I unlock my Chromebook. It is not so difficult on my other computer where the password is less complicated and short.
Pin unlock solves this problem by letting me use a six-digit pin to unlock the Chromebook. I will still need to enter the Google account password when I switch it on. That is something that I can live with!
Setting Up Pin Unlock
Here is how you set up pin unlock:
- Go to Settings and under People, look for Screen lock.
- On the Screen lock screen, you will be asked to enter your Google account password. Enter that and click Confirm.
- Under Screen lock options, select PIN or password.
- You will be asked to a six-digit pin, twice.
- You are all set. Lock your screen and you should now see the PIN unlock option.
Hope you find this useful. Find more Chromebook how-to articles and guides here.