So you want Google Chrome to remember your passwords. This is a simple tutorial that teaches you just that. Let us first take a look at the official version which tells you how to enable the feature which saves all passwords on Chrome.
Enable “Offer to Save Passwords”
- Click the Chrome menu on the browser toolbar.
- Select Settings.
- Click Show advanced settings.
- Adjust your password settings in the “Passwords and forms” section:
- Select “Offer to save passwords I enter on the web” if you want Google Chrome to prompt you to save your password every time you sign in to a new website.
Saving Passwords While Using Google Chrome
When you enter a username and password on a website, Chrome will now start asking you if you would like to save the username and password that you just entered.
- Touch Yes if you want Chrome to remember your sign-in credentials. Chrome will automatically complete the sign-in fields for you when you visit the websites again.
- Touch Never if you don’t want Chrome to save your username and password for the website you’re on.
Delete a password that you saved
- Touch Chrome menu > Settings > Save passwords.
- Choose the password that you want to remove.
- Touch Delete.
Remove Websites from “Never Save” List
If you clicked “Never save” on a website, Chrome will stop offering to save passwords. If you want to remove a website to the list of such “ignored” websites, here is how you can do it.
- Touch Chrome menu > Settings > Save passwords
- Choose the site that you want to remove from the Never saved list.
- Touch Delete.
How to View Saved Passwords Hidden Under Asterisks on Chrome
Sometimes when I visit a website that I have saved password for, I see the login ID and password already entered there by Chrome, waiting for me to press the Sign In button. If I want to see what the password is behind those asterisks or dots, there is a simple way to get it.
Here is how you do it. Right-click the password field and then choose “Inspect Element.” This will open the document inspector window and all you have to do is replace the word “password” with “text”