Google Chrome has a built-in spell checker. In this article, I will show you how to enable Chrome’s default spell checker.
Chrome Spell Checker
I am a huge fan of Grammarly. It checks more than just spellings. However, if you need only a spell checker, Chrome has a built-in spell checker. You need not install an extension for it.
To enable the spell checker:
- Open a new tab and go to chrome://settings/languages.
- Enable the Spell check toggle.
- Now that spell check is enabled, Chrome displays additional options for this feature.
- Enhanced spell check gives you advanced prompts beyond simple spell-check.
- If you use multiple languages, you can select languages you want Chrome to check the spelling.
- Click Customize spell check to add or remove words to your personal dictionary.
I hope you found this tutorial useful. If you have any questions, ask me in the comments section below.