Google Chrome Autofill helps you quickly fill out forms on websites. Chrome does this by saving information that you enter on sites. This includes usernames, passwords, addresses, and payment information, etc.
However, Chrome might occasionally save things that we do not want to save. Sometimes we may not want Chrome to autofill information on specific websites.
How do you manage this?
Table of Contents
Manage Chrome Autofill
In this article, I will show you how to manage Chrome autofill. You will learn to:
- Remove Chrome URL suggestions in the address bar.
- Delete autofill addresses
- Disable Chrome Autofill
Let us get started.
Delete Autofill Suggestions from Address Bar
Chrome starts fill addresses as soon as you start typing them. You can delete these individual suggestions using a keyboard shortcut.
SHIFT + DELETE.
Let me show you how.
- Open a new tab and start typing the address that you want to delete. In this example, I going to delete newspack.blog from my autofill suggestions.
- Use the arrow keys to move to the autofill recommendation.
- While the URL that you want to delete is selected, press SHIFT + DELETE to remove it from autofill suggestions.
- Open another tab and try typing the URL to confirm if Chrome is auto-filling it.
- Use the arrow keys to navigate and select the address that you want to delete when there are multiple recommendations.
- On a Chromebook, use the keyboard shortcut ALT + BACKSPACE to delete.
Delete Autofill Addresses
Chrome can automatically save a new address when you enter it into a website. However, it will continue to remember and recommend the old addresses too.
Do you have an address that you no longer want Chrome to remember? Here is how to delete it.
When you see an address that you do not want Chrome to remember, click Manage addresses below it.
Chrome will open chrome://settings/addresses when you click Manage Addresses. From here, you can edit or remove addresses that Chrome has saved. Click the three-dots settings icon and choose Edit or Remove.
Another method to reach the Manage Addresses menu is by going to Chrome Settings > Autofill > Addresses and more.
Disable Chrome Autofill
We now know how to delete individual items from Chrome autofill. However, what if we want to completely turn off this feature?
We can do that. Follow these steps:
- Open Chrome settings from the three-dots settings icon.
- Choose Settings.
- From the left pane, click Autofill.
- Click Addresses and more.
- Click the toggle Save and fill addresses.
This disables autofill for information like phone numbers, email addresses and shipping addresses.
I hope you found this guide useful. If you have questions or suggestions, add them in the comments section.