Google Chrome for Android now has an easy option to delete files stored by individual websites. Here is how to do this:
Note: These instructions are for Chrome on Android. For the desktop version of Chrome, refer to this article.
- Go to Settings > Site Settings > Storage.
- You will now see a list of websites using offline storage on your phone. This list is sorted based on the storage size.
- To clear storage used by all sites (not recommended), tap Clear Site Storage at the bottom of this list.
- Tap CLEAR to confirm.
- To clear the storage of individual sites, tap the site name.
- Tap Clear & Reset.
- Tap CLEAR & RESET to confirm.
If you are wondering why wired.com has stored 100 MB on my phone, I have no clue! I cleared the site’s storage and opened the site again to test. I did not see Wired.com using a lot of storage space again. Maybe I watched a video or two on the site?
Hope you found this tutorial useful. Stay tuned for more.