Google Chrome for Android now has an easy option to delete files stored by individual websites. This article explains how to clear site storage in Chrome.
Note: These instructions are for Chrome on Android. For the desktop version of Chrome, refer to this article.
- Go to Settings > Site Settings > Storage.
- You will now see a list of websites using offline storage on your phone. This list is sorted based on the storage size.
- To clear storage used by all sites (not recommended), tap Clear Site Storage at the bottom of this list.
- Tap CLEAR to confirm.
- To clear the storage of individual sites, tap the site name.
- Tap Clear & Reset.
- Tap CLEAR & RESET to confirm.
What is site storage?
Google Chrome stores temporary files that a website downloads on to your phone in “site storage”. According to Android Police, the amount of storage space used by each website that you see in the list may not be accurate.
However, it is still a good idea to review site storage use and clean up storage for websites that you do not use regularly.
Hope you found this tutorial useful. Stay tuned for more.
Leave a Reply