Google recently added a Chromecast feature that many preferred calling a bug. Chromecast started showing media controls as a notification on every device on the network. Looks like they are adding an option to disable this feature completely.
Previously, Google added an option to disable this on a per-device basis. With this new tweak, you will be able to disable this feature for the Chromecast (or Google Home device) itself.
This information was leaked because Google updated the support page well before this feature landed on Chromecast. However, this was not an error from the guy who handles that page (I do the same job for a living, so I should defend him/her). There is a note that says the feature is coming soon.
So, here is how you disable media controls per Chromecast/Google Home:
- Open the Google Home app.
- In the top right corner of the Home screen, tap Devices to see available Chromecast devices.
- Scroll to find the device card for the Chromecast or Google Home you’d like prevent from sending cast notifications.
- In the top right corner of the device card, tap the device card menu.
- Under “Device info,” turn off “Let others control your casted media”.
With that, you should stop seeing the notification on all the devices on your network.
Via Android Police.