YouTube is experimenting with a dark mode. This is not available for all users yet. However, you can enable this with a simple trick. Here is how:
- Go to YouTube.com
- Open Developer Tools (Ctrl + Shift + I on Windows and Option + Command + I on Mac).
- Within Developer Tools, find Console.
- Paste the following command into the Console: document.cookie=”VISITOR_INFO1_LIVE=fPQ4jCL6EiE; path=/”
- Press Enter
- Close Console and reload YouTube.com
- If the previous step logged you out of YouTube, login again.
- Click on your profile image on the top right corner.
- Find the Dark Mode section, and toggle Dark Mode on.
You now have YouTube Dark Mode! If you are a fan of using websites in dark mode, I am sure you will enjoy this. If you are not, YouTube is still worth trying in Dark Mode, to see how videos looks like with dark background!