If you are in the habit of downloading any extension that comes into place, you may have easily forgotten which of them you use on a regular basis and which of them are unnecessary. You may not have realized the space they occupy on your device, and sometimes notifications or icons from these extensions may have bugged you quite well. If you haven’t yet thought about doing something about it, here is an extension to help you manage your extensions pretty professionally. Context is a Chrome extension that allows you to sort all your extensions into different groups and easily switch between them.
These are the additional features Context come with:
- Mix contexts with each other using +/- buttons
- Syncing configuration via Chrome Sync
- Assign a new extension to appropriate groups via notification window
- Manage individual extensions from the popup
- Display status of each context in the popup (enabled-green/disabled-red/partial-yellow)
- Display status of extensions on the options page (enabled-red/disabled-green)
- Possibility to use extension icon instead of context icon
As Chrome does not give you options to switch sets of extensions whenever you want, the only way out is to disable them when they are difficult to be managed. Context will be a proper alternative to such problems. This extension is going to be useful if you specifically use some of the extensions all the time and need them handy, without having to search for them.
Check it out here.