This article actually handles two separate issues. One, your regular Chromecast is not playing the audio in sync with the video. Two, your Chromecast Audio multi-room setup is not in sync.
Chromecast Video and Audio Out Of Sync
I have this happening occasionally with TV channels and it can be really annoying. If your Chromecast is playing audio and video out of sync, here are the troubleshooting steps to try:
- Restart your Chromecast.
- Restart the Google Home app
- Restart your WiFi router. Try playing the video again.
- If you are using USB power for Chromecast, try using the power adapter instead.
Netflix Audio Video Out Of Sync
If you are experiencing this issue only with the Netflix app, try disabling the sound from the app and start playing again. Touch the Dialog icon for these options.
When you start the video playback again, choose Stereo.
Multiple Chromecast Audio Setup Out of Sync
Chromecast Audio supports multi-room playback which allows you to cast the same music to all the connected speakers, all playing the same music, in sync.
When you find this set up experiencing audio sync issues, try the following troubleshooting steps:
- Open the Google Home app select the Chromecast Devices that’s playing out of sync.
- Tap the Settings icon (three dots) in the top right corner.
- Under Advanced, tap the Group delay correction.
- Use the slider to make the audio play in sync.
Do you have more troubleshooting steps to add? Drop me a comment!