Polaroid, yes, the camera maker Polaroid is making smart TVs. And their first set of TVs come with Google Cast support.
Polaroid’s first set of smart TVs will be available in 43”, 50”, 55” and 65” this summer, starting at $499. A 75” model will be available Q4 2016 with an MSRP of $1899.99.
“We’re excited to announce we are working closely with Google to bring our first 4K UHD connected TV line to market later this summer,” said Scott W. Hardy, Polaroid President and CEO. “By teaming up with a company such as Google, we are able to offer consumers the latest in TV technology so they can easily share and enjoy their favorite content, and more importantly, deliver tremendous value to those looking to upgrade to a higher-resolution.”
Google Cast support ensures that you have a Smart TV straight out of the box without much hassle. If you have been using Chromecast, this will be an easy transition. You just got a TV with Chromecast built in. Set it up and connect to your Wifi network and you are good to go!
From Polariod’s announcement:
- 4x the resulution of a full HDTV (3840×2160)
- More than 8 million pixels for exceptional clarity
- 120hz refresh rates
- HDMI 2.0 Built-in HEVC codec
- HDMI inputs featuring HDMI 2.0 for optimal digital video and audio performance
- Upgraded bezel design with a contemporary TV stand
- Google Cast™ allows you to stream for a smartTV solution