Microsoft recently announced that they are limiting Cortana searches to their new browser Edge, and Bing, their search engine. Here is how to get Google and Chrome back on Cortana searches.
Get Google and Chrome Back on Cortana Searches
The solution that I am about to share is not a tweak within Windows or Google Chrome. This is a tool developed by a third party developer named Valentin-Gabriel Radu.
As this is a third party tool, please do your due diligence before downloading and using this.
Here is how to do this:
- Download the tool from here and unzip it.
- Find the x64 or the x86 file based on the bit version of your computer.
- Launch “SearchUIMonitor”. If you get the “Windows protected your PC” warning (aka SmartScreen), just click on “More Info” and then click “Run Anyway”
- Next, run the EdgeAutomation tool.
- Try searching from Cortana.
This will now redirect your Cortana searches to your default browser. Make Chrome your default browser and you are good. Almost there.
You have changed your default browser. Now, it’s time to change the search engine to Google. This part is simple. Install this Chrome extension.
You’re all set. Give this a try now!
Via MS Poweruser.