WhatsApp is finally coming to Web, this means you can send and receive WhatsApp messages to your friends and groups from your favorite browser, in my case, Chrome on my Chromebook. Here is how you can set this up.
Note: Sorry iOS users, this feature is not available for iPhones yet!
- Make sure that you have the latest version of WhatsApp messenger on your phone.
- From the Chats page, touch the menu icon (three dots on the top right corner)
Note: You may note see this while looking at your list of contacts. Open Settings from Chats screen.
- Choose WhatsApp Web. You will see the QR code scanner screen.
- Go to https://web.whatsapp.com/
- Scan the QR code using the QR code scanner on your WhatsApp screen.
- web.whatsapp.com will now refresh and display all your conversations.
You can now send or receive messages from your browser. You can start new conversations too. Click the icon on top of your chat list to do that.
Important!: Your phone should be connected to Internet for WhatsApp Web to work. Web version of WhatsApp depends on the phone to send and receive messages.