Google is moving Chrome Extension Developer tools from chrome://extensions page to a stand-alone Chrome App, with added features.
In addition to a much cleaner and easier-to-use layout, the new tool provides all of the same functionality as the chrome://extensions tab while streamlining the developer workflow..
- Apps and extensions are now listed in separate tabs, reducing the potential for developer confusion and reinforcing the difference between the two item types. This also reduces the size of each list, making it faster to scroll through.
- Unpacked items and installed items are now listed separately, which makes it much easier to quickly see and access your works-in-progress.
- You can individually update specific apps and extensions with one click, instead of having to update all items at once like in the old tab.
- The common actions for each item, such as reload, launch, view permissions, pack, and uninstall, are located right next to that item for fast access.
- The list can now be live-filtered using the Search box at the top right of the page instead of having to use the regular “Find in page” feature of Chrome.