Got 100 GB free on Google Drive with your Chromebook? Or even better, 1 TB with your Chromebook Pixel? Here is an extension that you should try out. Music Player for Google Drive.
You can store your music files on Google Drive. But that is just cloud storage. You do not have any easy way of streaming music. Music Player for Google Drive is a simple and lightweight online music player for your audio files stored in Google Drive. It lets you open music files directly from Google Drive or from its own interface.
Features, according to the developer:
- Playback of MP3 files, MP4, AAC (iTune’s .m4a files), OGG (Audio only), WAV (Chrome only), webm (Audio).
- Support for ID3 tags v1 and v2as well as AAC file Tags.
- Automatic display of Album covers.
- Playlist support (beta!).
- Handles users signed-in multiple Google account elegantly.
- Open Audio files directly from the Google Drive UI.
Once the extension is installed, you can select music files from Google Drive, right click and choose Open With > Music Player for Google Drive.
Worth trying, if you have music files stored on Google Drive, don’t you think? Get it here.
via Jonathan Parkinson