I have seen many Chrome new tab page replacements. But this one is huge. You get to see a lot of hard work and detailing gone in to every corner of this extension.
So what does it do?
new metroTab is an extension that replaces the new tab page with a more customizable version, with Metro interface.
Also, includes some tiles that can retrieve information from their page and show it to the user in the same page.
To add a tile, customize the look of the page or change the options (like the weather location), put the cursor over the avatar in the upper right corner and select the option on the menu.
Get where we are going with this? Let me list out things for you.
- You get apps on your new tab page, just like Windows 8
- When you click them, the animation is Windows 8 like
- You can right click an app to manage it, and again, the UI looks like Windows 8
- You can change title size (3 sizes available)
- You can change icon for an app
- You can uninstall an app or change its name
- When you hover on the profile pic (top right corner, similar to Windows ) you get options
- You can get to change colors, background, animations, details and even provide custom CSS
- You can customize live tiles (like providing location for weather)
- Control the number of tabs stored in the “recently closed” list
- Enable experimental touchscreen support
- Import/export settings
It is a long list indeed!
I will not recommend this for those who like to keep the new tab page simple or minimal. However, if you like things little flashy and stylish, this one is a good choice.
Get it here.