Chrome OS now supports Bluetooth, and just like any operating system, you can add new devices and set them up. This will be handy for those who want to set up their wireless headset or mouse. I am sure lots of new Samsung Chromebook owners will be doing this. So, here is how you can set this up.
Chromebook Bluetooth – How To Add A New Device
- Click the status area in the lower-right corner, where your account picture appears.
- Select your Bluetooth status in the menu that appears.
- If Bluetooth is disconnected, click
- Click Add device.
- Select the device you wish to add from the list of available Bluetooth devices and click Connect.
- Follow the instructions on the screen to connect your Bluetooth device.
- If you’re connecting a mouse, no PIN is normally required. If you’re prompted for a PIN, enter the PIN for your mouse using your Chrome device’s keyboard.
- If you’re connecting a keyboard, enter the randomly generated PIN on the keyboard you wish to pair and press Enter.
To connect to a device that is already added, click the device from the Add Bluetooth device popup menu and click Connect. You can click the bluetooth icon on the settings try to disable bluetooth. Devices paired to your Chromebook also should show up in this list.
Questions? Drop me a comment!