Where Are My Favorites In Google Chrome ? Many new Google Chrome users ask, soon after they switch from Internet Explorer. The answer is really simple. Google Chrome (and most of the other browsers out there) calls Favorites Bookmarks. They are exactly the same.
Internet Explorer Favorites
So if you just moved from Internet Explorer to Google Chrome (or Firefox or Opera actually!) what you need to look for is Bookmarks. Your Favorites Bar is now the Bookmarks Bar.
Google Chrome uses a star to show if the webpage you are visiting is in your bookmarks (favorites). However, Chrome uses a folder icon to show the favorites folders or Chrome’s bookmarks folders. By default, you will have a folder named “Other Bookmarks“
List of Favorites
The list of favorites is now available on Chrome as a Bookmarks page. To access this page, type in the following to the addressbar: chrome://bookmarks From the bookmarks manager, you can search your favorites, add or remove, and re-arrange in multiple folder.
Where Are My Favorites In Google Chrome ?
Switched to Chrome and looking for your Favorites ? You are not alone, there are so many around here looking for the answer to the same question. They are all so used to the word favorites and have trouble finding what it is called in Chrome.
So, here goes, for anyone looking for “Favorites” in Google Chrome after switching from IE ( Oh, Congrats BTW 🙂 , Favorites are called “Bookmarks” in Chrome. Now, some tips for using bookmarks
How to Import Favorites from Firefox or Internet Explorer
- Click the settings icon (those three lines, like a hot-dog) on the browser toolbar. Mac users: If you don’t see the wrench icon, go to the menu bar at the top of your screen and click Chrome.
- Select Options (Preferences on a Mac).
- Click the Personal Stuff tab and find the “Browsing data” section.
- Click Import data from another browser.
- In the Import Bookmarks and Settings dialog that appears, select the application that contains the settings you’d like to import.
- Make sure that only the checkboxes for items you want to imp
Bookmarks Tips for New Chrome User
CTRL + Shift + B brings your bookmarks bar on Chrome. This is similar to Favorites Bar in Internet Explorer.
Hope you enjoy Chrome ! I will be glad to answer any questions you have on how to use it. We have so many friends here who would love to answer your queries if you post them in comments ! Stay tuned !