Remember this post and this post about changing Chrome browser in to Chrome OS in just two clicks ? And yes, that page stopped working as soon as people started using it. But, we have found a save fix, thanks to OMG Ubuntu, a great blog for ubuntu users, and here it is, simple, and easy.
The Chrome OS menu is at http://welcome-cros.appspot.com/menu for now. However, if you access this page directly on Chrome browser, it will not work. So, here is the first step you need to do, make a small change to your browser settings
- Right click on the Google Chrome Browser icon on your desktop.
- Select “Properties”
- Look for “Target”
- In the Â “Target” box, after chrome.exe” put a space, and add the following line of code
- -user-agent=”Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; CrOS i686 9.10; en-US) AppleWebKit/532.5 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/184.108.40.206 Safari/532.5″ -pinned-tab-count=1
- Now, Click “Apply” and then “OK”
- Now go to “Options” menu in Google Chrome settings.
- Under “Home Page”, select ” Open This Page”
- Enter http://welcome-cros.appspot.com/menu
- Hit “close”
- Restart your Chrome browser, and ROCK ON !!
Loved it ? Share this tip with your friends, tweet it, and subscribe to the RSS feed or by email for similar rocking tips !!