Google Chromecast is here. We are not 100% sure if it runs Chrome OS, Android or Chrome for Android. While we wait for this confirmation to come in, here is a list of tips and tricks for Google Chromecast. Try them out and share with your friends.
Thank you to all my friends who helped me put this together!
Google Chromecast Tips and Tricks
Before we start, here is a quick video on how to get started:
- How to Share Your Desktop Using Chromecast
- How to Stream Local Files Using Google Chromecast
- Google Chromecast Supported Files, a list.
- If you have the Chromecast extension installed,check “Auto-resizing” on the options page to automatically resize the browser to best fit the receiver screen when projecting a tab
- From the options menu for the Chromecast extension, change the tab projection quality if your projection is lagging.
- Fullscreen zoom: You can enable or disable this.Enabled – prevents black bars on widescreen video. Disabled – show projected content exactly as it appears on this screen
- Rooting Chromecast, for those curious and adventurous minds!
- How To Switch To Dev or Beta Channel on Chromecast, for wandering souls!
- How to Factory Reset Your Chromecast
- To use Cast in Chrome incognito mode, type chrome://extensions into your browser bar, locate the Google Cast extension, and select ‘Enable in incognito’.
- Hidden Settings of Chromecast Extension for Chrome – get them if you are a developer!
- Make Nexus Q Play As Your Chromecast Device with “Cheapcast”