Chromecast user? Here is something that you’ll totally love. This is a list of tips and tricks for Google Chromecast. Try them out and share with your friends.
In this series:
Google Chromecast Tips and Tricks
Here is a collection of top Chromecast tips:
- Keep checking the Chromecast Offers page, you never know when things show up there!
- If you have the Google Cast extension installed,check “Auto-resizing” on the options page to automatically re-size the browser to best fit the receiver screen when projecting a tab.
- From the options menu for the Google Cast extension, change the tab projection quality if your projection is lagging.
- Full screen zoom: You can enable or disable this.Enabled – prevents black bars on widescreen video. Disabled – show projected content exactly as it appears on this screen
- To use Cast in Chrome incognito mode, type chrome://extensions into your browser bar, locate the Google Cast extension, and select ‘Enable in incognito’.
- Hidden Settings of Google Extension for Chrome – get them if you are a developer!
- Make Nexus Q Play As Your Chromecast Device with “Cheapcast”
- If you are seeing a pink screen error while casting to your TV, uncheck Use hardware acceleration when available on Chrome’s Advanced settings. This should fix the issue.
- Use Guest Mode to let your friends send content to your Chromecast
- Mirror your phone’s screen to view your phone’s content on your Chromecast connected TV. Enable this in Settings of your Android phone, and look for the “Cast Screen” option on the menu when you slide down from top.
- Use the Backdrop feature available on your Chromecast app to cast your Google Plus photos on your TV when it is left idle. I created an album for this and added my favorite photos there. Try it out!
- To use Chromecast with a wired connection, Google sells a $15 Ethernet Adapter. This will let you use the Chromecast without Wifi internet.
- VLC is said to be working on a built-in way to stream local content to Chromecast. In the mean time, there are workarounds to get cast VLC Media Player to Chromecast.
- Google has a curated list of Chromecast supported apps. You can find a lot of featured apps with Google Cast support here.
- If you run into any trouble and want to reset your Chromecast, here is how to factory reset your Chromecast.
- When your Chromecast connected TV is idle, Google shows a curated slideshow of beautiful images. It is a collection of best photos from Google Plus, Google Earth imagery and art. Ever wondered if you can get those pictures? Visit this webpage to get them. You will need to go to the source code of the page to get the download links.
- While you are looking at the beautiful imagery, if you want to know more about those images, pick up your phone and say “what’s on my Chromecast”. Google will show you details of the current picture.
- If you use Netflix, play this video to test your streaming quality. This video will display the streaming quality while the video plays.