Google’s Chrome OS and Chromebooks are easy to use and comes with zero setup and maintenance effort. If there is something that you need help with, this user guide was written for that.
I have organized this resource in to different useful articles, each covering most important tasks that you might want to do with your Chromebook. And yes, this is Free!
The Chromebook User Guide
The Chromebook user guide is a collection of articles that I wrote here on Chrome Story. I have hand picked and organized them in a way that will make it easier for a new Chromebook user to explore and learn everything that they will need while using a Chromebook.
This page helps me manage the content of this blog and keep my posts updated. I am doing my best to keep information provided here updated. In case you find anything that needs to be taken care of, please ping me on Google Plus.
You might also want to join the Chromebook community on Google Plus for quick help and tips from user around the world.
Getting Started With Chromebook – Download the Free Guide
I have a free PDF guide to help you get started with your Chromebook. You can find more details about it and get the download link here.
This section helps you with basic tasks on your Chromebook
- How to change wallpaper on Chromebook
- How to take a screenshot on Chromebook
- How To Keep Chromebook Stay Awake with Screen On
- How To Rotate Screen of Your Chromebook
- Chromebook Bluetooth – How To Add A New Device
- How To Use Google Drive on a Chromebook
Productivity on Chromebook
Stay productive, with and without internet connection!
- Editing MS Word Documents on a Chromebook
- How to Screencast from Your Chromebook
- How To Download Torrents on Your Chromebook
Tweaking Your Chromebook
This section contains information on tweaking your Chromebook. Changing little things can make your Chromebook experience better.
- How To Change Launcher / Taskbar Position in Chrome OS
- Getting Ready To Go Offline With Your Chromebook
- How to Get Windows Like Function Keys on Your Chromebook
Understanding Chrome OS and Chromebooks
This section explains different parts of Chrome OS operating system and helps you learn how to use them better
- Getting To Know Your Chromebook’s Desktop
- Using Google Chrome OS File Manager
- Exploring Chromebook’s Settings
- Accessibility Options on Chromebooks
- Using the Google+ Photos App for Chrome OS
Managing Your Chromebook
This section contains information on managing your Chromebook.
- Adding, Removing and Managing Users your Chromebook
- How To Add Locally Managed Users in Chrome OS
- How To Change MAC Address of Your Chromebook
- How to do a factory reset on a Chromebook
- How To View BIOS Version of Your Chromebook
- How To Use Google DNS Servers On Your Chromebook
- How to Sync Google Contacts on Chromebook
Troubleshooting Issues With Your Chromebook
Experiencing problems with your Chromebook? Here is a section with troubleshooting help for Chrome OS.
This section is for information dedicated to making your Chromebook more secure.
Advanced Tips for Power Users
This is a collection of things you can try if you are a power user and wants to tweak your Chromebook and play with it.
- Enabling zRAM in Chrome OS
- Switching to Chrome OS Canary channel/build
- How to Reduce the Chromebook Developer Mode Warning Time
Do you have suggestions? Is there anything that you think I should write and add here? Drop a comment!