The Google Plus photos app was launched initially only for Chromebook Pixel. Google announced today that it is now available for all Chromebooks.You can install it directly from the Chrome Web Store here.
Here is the official announcement from Google:
Keeping hundreds or thousands of photos backed up and organized can be a challenge. We wanted to make that process a little easier, so earlier this summer we released the Google+ Photos app for Chromebook Pixel.
Today we’re making the app available in the Chrome Web Store for all Chromebooks, in 52 languages. Here’s a quick recap:
1) When you plug an SD card into your Chromebook, the app will automatically get to work and back up your new photos to Google+ (for your eyes only, of course).
2) When you’re offline, you can still view your most recent photos.
3) Your top shots will be highlighted as you back them up, making it easier to organize and share your favorites.
4) Easily share individual photos, sets of photos, or an entire album right from the app. Simply select the images you want, then click ‘Share.’
5) Auto Enhance makes improvements to each photo you add, making your pictures look great. And Auto Awesome creates fun new versions of your photos like short animations and photobooth-style collages
Do You Like It?
Not really. I do not like syncing my Google Plus photos on to my phone or the Chromebook. This may be because of those 1000+ photos that I have stored there for serving up on my blog!
That’s not the only reason though. I did not like the deign of the app either. Or , may be this is not what I expect when you say : “Gallery”
Anyways, let me know what you guys think!