Chromium turned 30 today. I mean, the version 30 is here. A couple of years and 30 versions of the browser! It is already elder than me!.
I don’t know if Google will continue the version numbers like this or add something like 30.0.1 etc. If not, by the time my daughter starts using Chrome, she will be downloading version 200 or 300.
Here is the welcome note from the team, shared by François Beaufort
Chromium has reached version 30 and as usual here are some miscellaneous facts on the version number from Wikipedia:
- The atomic number of zinc.
- 30 is the sum of the first four squares, which makes it a square pyramidal number.
- The total number of major and minor keys in Western tonal music, including enharmonic equivalents
- In tennis, the number 30 represents the second point gained in a game.
- Used (as –30–) to indicate the end of a newspaper (or broadcast) story, a copy editor’s typographical notation.
Happy thirties Chrome!