Getting started with your new Chromebook is not going to be a tough task. It is the Chrome that you are used to and a bit more. You will have all your Chrome settings, and anything that you choose to sync with Chromesync, as soon as you login. But, I’ve got a few tips that will help you further explore the Chromebook and have fun.
10 Tips To Get Started With Your New Chromebook
I’ve been collecting Chromebook tips for a while now. I picked 10 out of those tips to help new Chromebook owners.
1. A Keyboard Shortcut To See All Chromebook Keyboard Shortcuts: Let us get started with some keyboard shortcuts. Well, this is THE keyboard shortcut you must learn. This will display all keyboard shortcuts available on your Chromebook. Press Ctrl+Alt+? and you will see this.
2. How To Enter Developer Mode on ARM Chromebook : Earlier Chromebooks had a physical switch to change to developer mode. With the new Samsung Series 3 Chromebook (ARM), you do this with some keyboard shortcuts.
Hold down the ESC and Refresh keys and poke the Power button. To enterDev-mode you first invoke Recovery, and at the Recovery screen press Ctrl-D(there’s no prompt – you have to know to do it). It will ask you to confirm, then reboot into dev-mode
Here is why the physical dev switch not available on your Chromebook.
3. How To Redeem The Free 100 GB Google Drive From Your Chromebook: Free 100 GB of Google Drive space for two years, an awesome offer that you got with your new Chromebook. How do you redeem this free space?
You can go to drive.google.com/redeem and follow couple of easy steps! That’s it!
4. How To Reset Your Chromebook (Factory Reset or Wipe) Easily: Okay, this is not exactly a “getting started” tip. But, if you are getting a used Chromebook, or giving away your Chromebook, or just want to start over, this will help.
– Go to the Login Screen
– Press <Ctrl> + + r
– Click on “Reset” button
5. How To Download Torrents on Your Chromebook:
6. Switch To HTML5 for Better Google Music Experience on your Chromebook: You can switch your Google Music streaming to HTML 5 to get rid of flash for Google Music and get a better experience out of it.
- Login to Google Music
- Click on the settings icon on the top right corner
- Select Music Labs
- Look for HTML5 Audio in the list
- Select Enabled
- Click Save Changes
7. How To Change Window Transparency In Chromebook: Ready for some user interface tweaking? Here is how you can change window transparency in Chromebook.
8. Chromebook Offline Apps – How To Find Hundreds Of Them: Offline apps make Chromebooks more useful. There are hundreds of offline apps available in the Chrome Web Store. So, go ahead and browse through them here.
9. “Hang with us. We’re fetching your files” Fix Google Drive Error On Chromebook: Many users reported this issue while Google was getting the Google Drive integration ready on Chrome OS. You may not experience this issue, but just in case. Find instructions to fix this issue here.
10.Make Your Chromebook Do A Barrel Roll – AWESOME!!
Our tenth tip is just a bit of fun. Press Ctrl+Alt+Shift+Reload
Hope you learned something new today or found something useful here. Do check out other Chrome and Chromebook tips spread all over this blog. Feedback? drop me a comment!!