How to Delete History in Google Chrome – Lets take a look at different methods to do this.
Welcome back to the basics!
What Happens When You Delete Chrome History?
The following information is removed when you clear your browsing history:
- Web addresses you’ve visited, listed on the History page
- Cached text of pages you’ve visited
- Snapshots of your most frequently visited pages on the New Tab page
- Any IP addresses pre-fetched from pages you’ve visited
How to Delete History in Google Chrome
Let us start with the most formal method first.
- Click the Chrome menu on the browser toolbar.
- Select Tools.
- Select Clear browsing data.
- In the dialog that appears, select the “Clear browsing history” checkbox.
- Use the menu at the top to select the amount of data you want to delete. Select beginning of time to clear your entire browsing history.
- Click Clear browsing data.
With Keyboard Shortcut
Press CTRL + SHIFT + DEL on your PC or Chromebook and you will get the fastest method to clear history from Chrome.
Extensions for Managing Chrome History
There are a few extensions available to help you manage Chrome history better.
Better History: A better look at your browsing history. The best searching, the sharpest interface, and the most useful filters – for your history.
History Button: HistoryButton creates a shortcut to the chrome:history page.
History Trends: Displays interactive charts and statistics of your entire browsing history.
Not bad uh?
Clear Cookies on Exit
Okay, this is not exactly history, but close. If you select Keep local data only until I quit my browser on chrome://chrome/settings/content page under Cookies, Chrome will clear your cookies when you close after a browsing session. Pretty useful if you are a privacy conscious soul.
Hope you learned something new today from this article. Do comment if you got any questions, or if you got something more interesting to share, jump on to the forums!