Keyboard shortcuts; There are many we can not live without, whatever the operating system is. They help you get things done faster, saves time and effort, or a few mouse clicks 🙂
There are many keyboard shortcuts for Google Chrome that I love. I am trying to list the top 10 of them here, considering they are the most useful keyboard shortcuts for any Chrome user. If you have any cool shortcuts to share, which is not listed here, please drop a comment so that others can make use of it! (Thanks Dan, you made me think of this post!)
You may find very basic stuff here, but hey, that’s what we all use most of often, right?
Keyboard Shortcuts for Google Chrome – The Most Useful 10
- CTRL + T = Opens a new tab
- CTRL+ W = Closes the current tab.
- CTRL + SHIFT + T = Reopens the last tab you’ve closed. Google Chrome remembers the last 10 tabs you’ve closed.
- CTRL + SHIFT + N = Opens a new window in incognito mode, for private browsing
- CTRL + H = Opens your browsing history
- CTRL + SHIFT + DEL = Takes you directly to the page to clear browsing history, cache and cookies.
- CTRL + J = Opens the downloads page
- CTRL + D = Saves your current webpage as a bookmark.
- CTRL + SHIFT +V = Paste content from the clipboard without formatting (ie, pastes plain text)
- CTRL + SHIFT + J = Opens Developer Tools.
I do not if power users here learned something new from this post, but for new users of Google Chrome, I am sure this will be a good starting point. Know anyone who started using Google Chrome recently? Send them this link!