This is the day we all have been waiting for. Before I even say the next sentence, here is the download link for you. Now, there is one small catch, hmm, let’s say a big catch. It works only on Ice Cream Sandwich now, and only on in few selected countries.
Features Features Features
– Browse fast with accelerated page loading, scrolling, and zooming
– Search and navigate directly from the omnibox
– Open and switch between unlimited tabs in an easy-to-view stack
– Sign in to Chrome to sync your bookmarks and view tabs you have open on your computer
– Send pages from desktop Chrome to your smartphone or tablet with one click and read them on the go, even if youâ€™re offline
– Browse privately in Incognito mode
Sounds awesome and I can’t wait to test this. It works on smartphones and also on tablets. I can’t test this as of now, (until someone finds a crack and a way to sneak this in to gingerbread.) but wifey gifted me a galaxy note for our wedding anniversary and I will get Android 4.0 on that pretty soon!
With Chrome for Android, you can search, navigate and browse fast. When searching, your top search results are loaded in the background as you type so pages appear instantly.Both search and navigation can all be done quickly from the ChromeÂ omnibox.
Chrome for Android is designed from the ground up for mobile devices. It keeps the same simplicity principle they use on the desktop computers and has anÂ elegantÂ look.
Set Up Your Profile
You can set up your Chrome profile and sync everything to the phone. Here are some important and handy things you are going to get this signed in experience.
- View open tabs: Access the tabs you left open on your computer (also signed into Chrome)â€”picking up exactly where you left off.
- Get smarter suggestions: If you visit a site often on your computer, you’ll also get an autocomplete suggestion for it on your mobile device, so you can spend less time typing.
- Sync bookmarks: Conveniently access your favorite sites no matter where you are or which device youâ€™re using.
Chrome beta for Android is not available everywhere yet. Here is the list of supported locations.
- United States
- United Kingdom
Are You A Developer?
Here is some highlights for you from the Chromium Blog post.
Chrome for Android brings support for many of the latestÂ HTML5 featuresÂ to the Android platform. With hardware-accelerated canvas, overflow scroll support, strong HTML5 video support, and new capabilities such as Indexed DB, WebWorkers and Web Sockets, Chrome for Android is a solid platform for developing web content on mobile devices.
In addition to support for the latest web technologies, we hope to make interactive web content super easy to develop. Chrome for Android introducesÂ remote debuggingÂ throughÂ Chrome Developer ToolsÂ to make it simple for developers to debug web sites running live on their mobile devices.
Much of the code for Chrome for Android is already shared with Chromium and over the coming weeks, the Chromium team will be upstreaming many new components developed for Chrome for Android to Chromium, WebKit and other projects.
Stay tuned for more info!!