Next Generation Chromebooks With Intel’s i Core Chipset?

There is one thing that leave every gadget lover in confusion. We buy something today and after few months, we hear a newer version coming out with better hardware, most of the times for the same price.

For smartphones and tablets, this cycle is faster. What about Chromebooks?

chromebook  Next Generation Chromebooks With Intel’s i Core Chipset?

Chromebooks are a newer category in computing and we are yet to see how they are going to behave. If rumors are to be believed, they are no exception. Next generation of Chromebooks might come with Intel’s i Core Chipset which is better than what Chromebooks have as of now.

“Google plans to upgrade the Chromebook design from originally adopting Atom N570 processors to mainstream Core i series processors to significantly boost system performance, while strengthening the machine’s security. The plan has already received support from Intel with the company giving a 10-20% discount for related processor quotes, according to sources from notebook players.” says Digitimes.

And here comes to confusion….

I am yet to buy a Chromebook even though I blog about them. It is not available in my country yet. But when I heard this news, it left me wondering if I should wait for the next generation to come out. The Samsung Series5 have been out for a while now and for my blog, it won’t be a novelty. What do you all think?

Anyone else postponing for the next generation Chromebooks? Well, I am confused, there may be a better one coming out a few months after that one too!

via thechromesource

9 comments… add one

• I have a CR-48 and really love it and I’ve been thinking of buying a new Chromebook because of the extra RAM and better processor that the retail versions have. I have yet to do that, but after reading that there are yet more improvements coming so shortly, I think, I too, will wait a while before my purchase.

Don’t get me wrong. The CR-48 actually is quite zippy and serves my needs well, but I guess it’s almost always advantageous to have the very latest version when buying technology. Just don’t wait too long, otherwise, you’ll be cheating yourself out of a really great product!

• I’m waiting for a Chromebook with 4G.

• Netflix not will supported by the simple core of CR48.
    Diny, Samsung Series 5 is a nice product, I love it !

• Christophe, correct me if I’m wrong but I believe Netflix will run on Windows and a single core Atom processor. It’s ChromeOS that’s not supported so as of now, the Samsung won’t work either.

• Support is coming.

• Any new product is usually at it’s most expensive when first introduced with the exception of products produced by governments. If they are successful other companies get interested in joining the market. Thus we have competition and thus we get lower prices and better products.

But if we wait for the next improvement we lose out on the use of that product today.

I love the ipad but would love it a whole lot more if I could do a lot more with it. The Chromebook sounds good but what I would really love is a device that can run photoshop and come on instantly and be a tablet. And of course cost no more than a coffee. :-)

• I think, unless you plan to do really demanding tasks on the Chromebook, say, HD video streaming, the Chromebooks currently available in market are good enough.

• The Intel Core processors won’t have the same world beating battery life as the Atom based Chromebooks. The Graphics and video chipsets are better for 1080p video and 3D webGL games though. For normal web browsing and 780p video, it won’t make any difference.

• For what it’s worth… I’m waiting (but not for too long). I use Google more and more each day and can’t wait for a Chromebook. It’s a natural next step for me.