A new “Image Burner” page has been added to Chrome OS to help users getting a USB drive ready for recovery mode.Â The installer will do the following:
- Prompt the user to choose a target storage device to use as the RSD.
- Verify the storage device is large enough.
- Download the appropriate recovery software (recovery kernel + recovery root filesystem) and save it to the RSD.
- Download the appropriate recovery data (Chromium OS firmware + kernel + rootfs + recovery configuration data) and save it to the RSD.
- Prompt the user to remove the storage device and plug it into the netbook.
The page links you to the recovery mode information on Chromium Code. Have a look here for more information. I will have this page updated as soon as I get to play with this.
Handler Settings Page
Another addition to the browser and the OS last week was the new settings page for custom handlers. With this new setting, you will be able to explicitly say to your OS to handle a specific protocol and mimetype with Chrome. This will be helpful for developers and users as well. Follow theÂ discussionÂ here for more info.
CR48 or Chromebook User ? Try This One !
This works only on Chromebooks and Cr48s, “Master Your Touchpad” Let me know how this works. IÂ couldn’tÂ try this because I am on a PC.
Did you find any interesting stuff recently ?