Where Are My Favorites In Google Chrome ? Ever asked this question?
All Google Chrome / Chrome OS super users here, please ignore this post This one is written for all new users of Chrome, especially, for those who come from the IE era. But this may come handy when someone asks you the same question !
Where Are My Favorites In Google Chrome ?
Switched to Chrome and looking for your Favorites ? You are not alone, there are so many around here looking for the answer to the same question. They are all so used to the word favorites and have trouble finding what it is called in Chrome.
So, here goes, for anyone looking for “Favorites” in Google Chrome after switching from IE ( Oh, Congrats BTW Read this to get more out of your new browser ), Favorites are called “Bookmarks” in Chrome. Now, some tips for using bookmarks
Bookmarks Tips for New Chrome User
CTRL + Shift + B brings your bookmarks bar on Chrome. This is similar to Favorites Bar in Internet Explorer.
You can use an icons only bookmarks bar for saving space and including more links, read it here.
Import bookmarks from Firefox or Internet Explorer
- Click the wrench iconÂ on the browser toolbar. Mac users: If you don’t see the wrench icon, go to the menu bar at the top of your screen and clickÂ Chrome.
- SelectÂ Options (Preferences on a Mac).
- Click theÂ Personal Stuff tab and find the “Browsing data” section.
- ClickÂ Import data from another browser.
- In the Import Bookmarks and Settings dialog that appears, select the application that contains the settings you’d like to import.
- Make sure that only the checkboxes for items you want to imp
Hope you enjoy Chrome ! I will be glad to answer any questions you have on how to use it. We have so many friends here who would love to answer your queries if you post them in comments ! Stay tuned !