Lets do a little editing and get the default Web Apps working on Chrome 8. Here is how.
1. Close all Google Chrome windows.
2. In Windows, right-click on a Chrome shortcut from your desktop, select “Properties” and append the following text to the Target field: ” –enable-default-apps” (don’t use quotes, but don’t forget to add a space before adding the command line flag). Click “OK” to close the dialog and then open Google Chrome.
On a Mac, quit Chrome, open the Terminal and paste this:
open /Applications/Google\ Chrome.app –args -enable-default-apps
For Linux you could use this:
3. TypeÂ chrome://extensions/Â in the address bar (or click on the wrench menu and go toÂ Tools > Extensions).
4. Click the “developer mode” link and then click “Update extensions now”.
5. After less than a minute, your new tab page should look like this:
Enjoy and don’t forget to share this with your friends. And yes, I almost forgot to say thanks to Google System Blog.