Note: This works only on Chromium Dev Builds at the moment. Stay Tuned for More Updates.
One of the features that I am excited about Google Chrome Â or Chrome OS is the App Launcher Tab. It works as a tab, or a popup. I’ve been using it for more than a month now. ( Here is how to set it up on chrome )
Now, with the latest Dev Build of Chromium, we can make the App Launcher open whenever open a new tab. We are one more step close to Chrome OS !
How to Set Up
Google Chrome and Chromium teams usually test new features with an additional command line switch. For App launcher menu you need to add –app-launcher-new-tab. at the end of your command line for Google Chrome.
- Locate your Chrome or Chromium shortcut. There should be one on your desktop and one in your start menu -
- Click the shortcut with your right mouse button and chooseÂ properties.
- Find the target box (it will be highlighted when the properties screen appears).
- Left click at the end of the line (after chrome.exe).
- Press space.
- Add your command line switch. The result looks like this:
If you are not using Chromium dev build, wait for some more time, and we will find this feature on Google Chrome too. Subscribe to RSS feed of this Â blog so that you will not miss it !