How to Reset Saved Passwords Settings in Google Chrome

Saved a password that you did not intend to save on your browser and do not know how to remove it ? Or, are you looking for an option to remove all the saved passwords ? Or, you want to see all those saved passwords on Google Chrome ? Here is how to do it. And Don’t forget to subscribe for more tips like this.

1. Click the Tools menu tools menu.
  2. Select Options.
  3. Click the Personal Stuff button.
  4. In the ‘Passwords’ section, click the Show saved passwords button.

Now, here, you will see the options to manage your saved passwords. It includes options to remove passwords one by one, or remove them all … Useful ? Want more tips ? Have questions ? Let me know ..

• chrome story 24/03/2009, 4:09 am

@ Bjarne

I will check it and let you know if there is any better solution 🙂

• Amity 30/04/2009, 8:28 am

Did you ever find a way to get Chrome to save CHANGED passwords?

It is very frustrating that once I’ve removed a saved username and password (because my library account was hacked!), I have to type them in by hand every time from now on, because there’s no way to ask Chrome to remember log-in information once I’ve removed them.

• chrome story 30/04/2009, 8:36 am

Oh ! I really need to check this one 🙂 I will post it if I find it ..

• Amity 01/05/2009, 7:48 am

Switched to beta channel at Dinu’s suggestion (thanks!), but it still doesn’t have an option for resetting passwords. Here’s hoping that will make it into the next update.

• chrome story 01/05/2009, 8:59 am

did you restart after changing to beta ??????
            try that ..
            and also try the above method, reset that password and try

and for me, it worked only after few tries.. so .. wait n watch

• GMantidrug 26/03/2009, 8:24 am

ummm… how about how to tell google that a page that you told it in the past to never ask to store a password for is one that you now want to store a password? I want to store a password for a previously ignored page but thers no option to do that…

• chrome story 26/03/2009, 5:19 pm

you can do this from the same menu that explained here … 🙂

• Ankit 27/04/2009, 11:16 am

well i also have the same problem… chrome is not asking me to save password to the page which i, by mistake, choose never save…

now also…nothing relevent is coming under Minor Tweaks…
    plz…help me….as soon as possible…

• chrome story 27/04/2009, 11:43 am

are you using the latest version ?

please try changing to beta channel, and then update browser, and then restart .. should be fine 🙂

• suresh 02/05/2009, 6:32 pm

Rename the following UserData folder to something else and restart the browser

• Jeno 04/05/2009, 9:01 am

I am trying to undo a “Never save password for this site” and its not working, I am using Windows Vista and I don’t have the C:Users\AppDataLocalGoogleChromeUserdata here. Please help!

• chrome story 04/05/2009, 9:49 am

did you try the method suggested in this blog post ?

• richard 01/02/2010, 10:35 am

I have computer with 3 mail boxes. I need to reset (do not remember) all typing logins?
    I can’t find any options to do so.

• chrome story 02/02/2010, 10:11 am

@ richard

did you try the method explained here ?

• David 13/09/2010, 9:59 am

I don’t have a minor tweaks button, wtf

• chrome story 13/09/2010, 10:53 am

hey, there was a change in the UI .. I have updated the post with the info 🙂 and sent you an email as well !

• David 13/09/2010, 6:30 pm

All that did was just offer me to delete my saved user name and password, I did it to try and see if it will offer to save it again, but it still won’t. Is there a way that I can force chrome to offer to save my password?

• Jay cordt 23/10/2011, 9:41 pm

i have the same problem please help..

when i log in to youtube i does not say anymore save password on this site because before i clicked never for this site (Accident) i really need google chrome to say save you password but it does not please help

• patricia smith 14/03/2012, 8:26 am

i dont know computers but when i look in personal it doesnt have my password for my yahoo email saved i might have hit never save by accident now it wont ask to save it since i changed it when i typs in yahoo to see if anything comes up it doesnt show anything saved for this how can i get it to save my password for my mail i dont want to delete all my saved passwords as i dont remember alot of them

• sprite 26/09/2013, 8:40 am

have same problem as patricia. never get the option to save password for FB/Yahoo, but they saved on firefox no problem.

also, more importantly… the latest release of chrome does not follow the steps in your list. it is now menu–>settings–> new tab opens, scroll to bottom, choose ‘advanced settings.’

there is nothing in my ‘never save password’ box, but very few of the sites i use will save passwords.

• Dave 23/10/2013, 3:11 am

I also cannot force Chrome to save a password. I deleted the saved password and I am not prompted to save the password anymore. If anyone has a solution, please post!! BTW, Chrome is up to date, and the site is NOT in the “never save password” list. Thanks!

• Jigar Vora 06/01/2014, 4:58 pm

I Have Got It.
    Click On Setting -> Clear Browsing Data -> Click Saved Password.
    Simply Clear It. And Restart Chrome.
    Next Time It Will Ask You To Save Passwrod Or Not.
    Enjoy …. !